Saturday, December 1, 2007

Lesson 4

The weeks move on, inexorably! Here we are more than half way through the lessons (and one week closer to Christmas - my preparations really need to get under way!).

This is my first sampler for Lesson 4 - the key is beginning at the top - Half Chevron stitch

1. Variegated sewing machine cotton
2. 2 threads of 2/60 mercerised cotton
3. Perle #12
4. Fine weaving silk
5. Semco coton a broder
6. Linen weaving thread
7. Handdyed 2/20 wool
8. 12/2 cotton
9. Lurex knitting yarn
10. Perle #3
11."FunkyFibre" - polyester knitting yarn

I am not sure I would have the patience to use the last thread very often!





2 comments:

verobirdie said...

The polyester knitting yarn gives the sampler quite a dimension!

MargB said...

Thankyou Vero - I might use it for isolated stitches but probably not for a row again - but then one never knows.
Marg