Monday, December 3, 2007

Herringbone Play!

Definitely a "Work in Progress"!
This is still part of lesson 4 . However,j I have decided to leave this sampler for the moment and move on to a more freestyle piece investigating density, using scale and tone. Aida, the fabric I have used for this sampler, is much too rigid for the experimentation I would like to try before Lesson 5 arrives. It is difficult to believe that the class is two-thirds over!
Only DMC cotton floss was used for this sampler, with the exception of one row of lurex knitting yarn used in the heavy band - I am not sure it shows in the scan very well but it peeps through the stitching giving an effect that I will certainly repeat.


Caroline Commins said...

I just love your herringbone experiments. Yummy!

MargB said...

Thankyou Caroline - I think I ran out of ideas but will keep at it again sometime.