My last piece associated with the Sumptuous Surfaces course is complete.
I have struggled with this one - I think abstract designs are easier to do. I spent half the time stitching and unpicking and restitching. However I think I am happy with the finished piece.
I tried 2 new pulled thread stitches but otherwise anything new got removed. My fingers don't seem to do exactly what my brain tells them. Maybe I just need lots more practice.
I do like Pulled Thread work and intend to try out more of these stitches - maybe a set of samplers like the illustrated ones in Mary Thomas. My next project is to do some blackwork - I am fascinated in how it can be used to give incredible shading. Some of the work I have found in books is so beautiful.