I have no photos or scans - however I have learnt something. I had kept a pile of used Colour Catcher sheets because they had interesting colour patterns. The thought was maybe I could use them for embroidery. Definitely not a proposition for hand embroidery. A real pity as the mottled dye effect was just perfect. I tried some Portuguese Stem Stitch. The needle tore the fabric unless the stitch was enormous and probably would still have done so if I had pulled the stitch. I had joined two sheets with a machine zigzag seam and that was not a problem so maybe I won't throw them out yet as machine embroidery may work. Not sure but worth a try.
Today it occurred to me that there was a nice piece of grey woollen felted fabric that could be useful for a sampler. Unfortunately it is too thick for the hoop I am using. I need to try some cretan without a hoop and see how it goes.
I have also remembered my stash of hand-dyed fabric that I acquired by virtue of an international dye swap 8 or 9 years ago. While some was used to make fabric boxes twelve months ago there are quite a number of interesting pieces still in the cupboard, just begging to be used.
Winter 2018 New Needlepoint Projects
8 hours ago