Saturday, January 21, 2012

Closed Feather edging

My feather stitch offering for the week is closed feather used in a drawn thread hem.  This came from one of my much quoted authors, Edith John.  I am so pleased that I found this as I have started a series of table runners and love the idea of using different edges.  I would use the ecru for an edge but did  a little in dark pink in order for it to be more obvious.  Antique hemstitching  joins the hem to the piece.


My doodle cloth certainly gets more interesting and I have some pulled thread I want to try.



Earlier this week I also added a little more to my free wheeling buttonhole. This is probably as far as I shall go but I can see the possibilities should I decide to use something similar in the future.




1 comment:

Jane said...

I do like your doodle cloth, and the free form blanket stitch is definitely my favourite