Saturday, March 14, 2009

Next Step

A good day! I have managed to find enough time to stitch the outside of the square - well, I think it is finished but, then again, maybe it isn't. My choice of stitches has not included anything new - this time there are pulled eyelets and layered chain. I would have preferred something other than chain but it seemed to be the best fit in the end.



Last week I decided to shoot some photos of the pink frangipani hanging over the back steps. There is also a red frangipani in our tiny back garden. These are both very beautiful, but, sadly they lack the perfume of the white frangipani in the front. Just before sunrise, my usual time to collect the newspapers, the fragrance is almost overpowering. I can never work out why darkness increases the perfume of flowers.





6 comments:

Laurie in Maine said...

Oooh!! I love it ;) Very cool!

I'm curious what your thread count is?
A local shop carries X stitch & Hardanger fabric and I bought 30 count. It seems very small after working with the chain store 22 count. Will baste like crazy before touching it! Need to try the buttonhole edge - if I remember it gave me fits back when I tried Hardanger in 2006. Have been avoiding it so far but it really is eye catching.

Jane said...

What striking colours on that flower. The square looks lovely, there is something about eyelets, I love them

Vicki W said...

Your embroidery is BEAUTIFUL! Woud you mind if I did a color palette from your flower photo?

Elizabeth Braun said...

Hi! Thanks for your comment.=)

You'll enjoy Cranford, but will find it a little different from the BBC series as that was a blend of C, My Lady Ludlow and one other shorter piece about the doctor (which I haven't read yet, so you can tell I can't even recall his name, except didn't it start with an H??) who appeared in it, so you'll find a lot of TV characters and storylines 'missing' from the book.

Your drwan thread piece is coming along well. I've been making some progress on my band sampler today as well and hope to showcase again on Monday - just before getting stuck into my college art and stitching work.=)

Susan Elliott said...

I love it when you start to play like this...it's just gorgeous. And that frangipani!!! Well, I'm all a-swoon over that, my dear...

Jenny said...

The drawn thread is comming along nicely and as for that frangipanni, I am so jealous!I have a pink one in a pot that has only ever flowered once.