My progress is quite slow. This was yesterday's effort and I did spend a good portion of the day stitching. While I eventually made a decision on this background I am nonetheless struggling with how to make it a less sombre piece. The actual work is not quite as dark as the scan.
I did try some knots and because they were deep purple, deep blue violet and red they added to the overall darkness of the piece. (Unpicking a pile of knots is definitely not much fun!) Maybe this is where the beads at the end lift everything!
Also I am not sure what I can use for some background in the outer areas. As well, the butterfly in the top right hand corner has me completely stumped at the moment. Definitely more questions than answers!
The Many Faces of Pillows
11 hours ago