Saturday, June 6, 2009

Some tidying up and an exchange.

I have done very little work in the last couple of weeks thanks to a slight problem of a broken jaw. Although why a broken jaw should affect my stitching fingers quite eludes me - nonetheless I have only managed to finish Jane's biscornu, tidy up my drawn thread samples and finish my castalguidi piece. When I write this out it sounds impressive but the actual stitching time was not all that long.

I was not at all happy with the big gaps in the corners of the drawn thread samples and decided to sort them out.


For this one I used wrapped threads to fill the corners - this was chosen because the threads in the drawn will be removed.)
When it came to this sample I enjoyed the wrapped wheels but decided that on such a small (4 inches square) piece of work more than alternate wheels would be overpowering. Because I feel design is still quite a weakness I try to work at it for everything I do. Again I tried to tie the corners in with the needleweaving I had done in the edge.




This did not work so well - perhaps filling all four corners with buttonholed bars, single and double, might have been better than only three.


This is the lovely biscornu that I received in the stitchin fingers crossstitch exchange from Gina. Interestingly each of the biscornu I have received on exchange has been smaller than the size I normally stitch. I do like these tiny ones. The one I sent Gina in exchange I will put in a later post - enough pictures for now.

3 comments:

Thelma said...

A broken jaw,,ouch,,sure hope you get to feeling lots better and it heals good. I can see where that might interfere with your stitching. Sure it just throbs. Love the center piece you done.

Miss 376 said...

Hope the jaw is healing well and you are beginning to be able to eat proper food again. I love these pieces, even if you aren't happy with them. The colours go so well together too

Elmsley Rose said...

Oh you poor thing!

Heal Well!