Sunday, June 7, 2009

A better photograph and another biscornu

I was unhappy with this photo on the previous entry so decided to see if I could do better - maybe a tad!


This is the biscornu I made in crossstitch for the exchange on stitchin fingers. I find it quite difficult to design for crossstitch - not sure why that is so. Also these days I find it very difficult to work to a deadline. Gina was very understanding but, nonetheless I felt quite stressed about how long it took me to finish this.

The front worked up quite well without too much effort but I needed three attempts to complete a satisfactory back . The first one I ruined by drawing on it with pencil and then trying to remove the marks. I now know that Aida will not submit to any kind of abrasion! The second design I didn't like at all and eventually decided that I really must be happy with the third! (Does this story remind you of Goldilocks or not?) I do try to make both sides of my biscornu different - probably because I get bored with too much repetition.






3 comments:

Vicki W said...

What a pretty pincushion - I am sure it will be worth the wait!

Jane said...

It turned out really well. I love the buttons you've used

Gina E. said...

For some reason, I seem to have missed your blog until now, Marg! But I'm enjoying browsing it now. I really am sorry to hear you were so stressed when you were working on my biscornu. I know it is ages ago now, but it is never too late to say thanks. I've already thanked you by email, but now that I've read this post, I just want to reaffirm how much I appreciate your efforts. I just love my biscornu!!