I am feeling very proud of myself - the sort of pride you get when you have finished something that should have been complete months ago!
In July the TIF theme was 'half way mark' - I completed the embroidery for the top of a biscornu. At the time I was in the middle of a Studio Journal course and this design was derived from a kaleidoscope - the entry is here. I used a variegated thread for stem and back stitch that I wnated to continue on the other side. This was the main reason for my hesitation. Calculation of which colour to start with on the other side was difficult. It is not perfect but fairly close in value. at least.
Nan’s Afghan Scrap Bag Needlepoint
36 minutes ago